HOW TO APPLY
Before applying for a course, you are encouraged to keenly go through various programmes or courses available.
To apply using email
- Duly fill the application form downloadable from here
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of Ksh. 500 via M-Pesa Paybill.
Business Number: 4019819
Account Name: Your Full Official Name
- Attach and send to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents:
(a) Scanned copy of Dully filled Application Form
(b) Screenshot of the M-Pesa Message
(c) Scanned copy of KCPE Certificate
(d) Scanned copy of KCSE Certificate/Result slip
(e) Scanned copy of ID Card/Waiting Card, where applicable
(f) Scanned copy of Primary and Secondary School Leaving Certificates
(g) Scanned copy of Birth Certificate.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
After creating and confirming your account, follow the process below for your application:
- Update your application profile (My Application Profile) by filling in the
various tabs listed below:
- Personal Info
- Location Info
- Next of Kin
- Education History
- Preview and confirm you application and confirm (Confirm)
- Click on ‘Apply for Intake’to proceed.
Choose the ‘Intake’ you want to apply, and click ‘Apply Now’ to proceed.
Choose the ‘Programmes’ you want to apply for. Take note of the user guide on Maximum selection for that intake.
- Select the Campus, Study Mode and Previous Admission Number (for former students)
- Use the check boxes on the left to select your programme of choice.
- Save and Continue
- Upload the Required ‘Documents’
- Attached the relevant documents as per the requirements of the Intake
- Preview you application, and proceed to pay the amount as required for your application.
HOW TO GET ADMISSION
After a successful application:
- You will receive an admission letter and accompanying documents from the Registrar’s office. You can also download the joining instructions from here
- Duly fill the joining instructions
- Pay the fee for the applied course. Check fee payment details and structure from www.thenyeripoly.ac.ke/non-academic-departments/finance-department
- Scan and attach the duly filled joining instructions together with evidence of fee payment e.g. bankslip or the full M-Pesa message
- Send attachments to email@example.com
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL THE COURSES
TECHNICAL/ENGINEERING DIPLOMA COURSES
Mean grade C-(minus) or Craft Certificate
BUSINESS and ICT DIPLOMA COURSES
Diploma - Mean grade C-(minus) and above or Craft Certificate
CPA (KASNEB) mean grade C+ (Plus) with C+ in Mathematics and English
CICT (KASNEB) mean grade C+ (Plus) with C+ in Mathematics and English
Accounting Technicians Diploma Level I – mean grade C-(minus)
APPLIED AND HEALTH SCIENCE COURSE
- Pharmaceutical Technology: Mean grade C (Plain) with C (Plain) in Mathematics/Physics, English/Kiswahili, Chemistry and Biological Sciences.
- Applied Biology: Mean grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (minus) in Biology/Biological sciences.
- Analytical Chemistry: Mean Grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (Minus) in Chemistry/Physical Sciences.
- Food Science Technology: Mean grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (minus) in Chemistry and Biology
- HIGHER DIPLOMA - Diploma or degree from a recognized Institution
ALL CERTIFICATE COURSES
Mean grade D (plain and preferably D (plain) in Mathematics, English and Physics or Physical Sciences, in NAVCET 1 – KCPE and above
SKILLS IMPROVEMENT / SHORT COURSES
- Computer Proficiency Programmes CISCO & ICDL are offered any time of the year, and available to all interested persons.
- Information Technology (IT) Essentials (CISCO)
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Introduction to Internet of Everything (IoE)
- Mobility Fundamentals
- Get Connected
- Computer Hardware and Software Maintenance-3 Months
- Cisco Certified Programming Associate
- Linux Essentials
- ICDL Digital Citizen
- Soft furnishing i.e. Design and production of loose covers, Curtains, Cake baking and decoration, Housekeeping, Pastry and Pastry products, Basic cookery and Laundry.
- Short courses in Hair Dressing, Beauty Therapy, Plumbing, Pipe work, Drain Laying, Masonry, Walling, Carpentry, Door Frame Construction, Door Lining Construction, Electrical Wire man/Fitter, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Installation, Microcontroller Programming, Inverter Design & Fabrication, Amplifier Design & Fabrication, Garment making, Mechanical General Fitter, Paint Decorator, Turner, Sheet Metal, Welding, and Fabrication, Lathe Work, Tie & Die, Printing, Embroidery, Batik and Direct Cutting are available for 3 Months.
- Short courses in Motor Vehicle Mechanics, Motor Vehicle Electricians, Panel beating and Spray Painting are available for duration of 1 year.
- Solar Power Installation Technician (T1 and T2)
- Instrumentation and Control Technician.
- Organizations/Companies’ tailored courses are offered any time of the year.
Fees for all courses are low and affordable. The details are given when a student is selected to join the Polytechnic.
For all enquires on admissions, please contact the Registrar’s office via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org