MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL THE COURSES
TECHNICAL/ENGINEERING DIPLOMA COURSES
Mean grade C-(minus) or Craft Certificate
BUSINESS and ICT DIPLOMA COURSES
Diploma - Mean grade C-(minus) and above or Craft Certificate
CPA (KASNEB) mean grade C+ (Plus) with C+ in Mathematics and English
CICT (KASNEB) mean grade C+ (Plus) with C+ in Mathematics and English
Accounting Technicians Diploma Level I – mean grade C-(minus)
APPLIED AND HEALTH SCIENCE COURSE
- Pharmaceutical Technology: Mean grade C (Plain) with C (Plain) in Mathematics/Physics, English/Kiswahili, Chemistry and Biological Sciences.
- Applied Biology: Mean grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (minus) in Biology/Biological sciences.
- Analytical Chemistry: Mean Grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (Minus) in Chemistry/Physical Sciences.
- Food Science Technology: Mean grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (minus) in Chemistry and Biology
- HIGHER DIPLOMA - Diploma or degree from a recognized Institution
ALL CERTIFICATE COURSES
Mean grade D (plain and preferably D (plain) in Mathematics, English and Physics or Physical Sciences, in NAVCET 1 – KCPE and above
SKILLS IMPROVEMENT / SHORT COURSES
- Computer Proficiency Programmes CISCO & ICDL are offered any time of the year, and available to all interested persons.
- Information Technology (IT) Essentials (CISCO)
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Introduction to Internet of Everything (IoE)
- Mobility Fundamentals
- Get Connected
- Computer Hardware and Software Maintenance-3 Months
- Cisco Certified Programming Associate
- Linux Essentials
- ICDL Digital Citizen
- Soft furnishing i.e. Design and production of loose covers, Curtains, Cake baking and decoration, Housekeeping, Pastry and Pastry products, Basic cookery and Laundry.
- Short courses in Hair Dressing, Beauty Therapy, Plumbing, Pipe work, Drain Laying, Masonry, Walling, Carpentry, Door Frame Construction, Door Lining Construction, Electrical Wire man/Fitter, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Installation, Microcontroller Programming, Inverter Design & Fabrication, Amplifier Design & Fabrication, Garment making, Mechanical General Fitter, Paint Decorator, Turner, Sheet Metal, Welding, and Fabrication, Lathe Work, Tie & Die, Printing, Embroidery, Batik and Direct Cutting are available for 3 Months.
- Short courses in Motor Vehicle Mechanics, Motor Vehicle Electricians, Panel beating and Spray Painting are available for duration of 1 year.
- Solar Power Installation Technician (T1 and T2)
- Instrumentation and Control Technician.
- Organizations/Companies’ tailored courses are offered any time of the year.
Fees for all courses are low and affordable. The details are given when a student is selected to join the Polytechnic.