Public Complaints & Information Access Department
The public complaints committee was operationalized by the then principal on 9th June, 2010 following a directive from the office of the president, as the Resolution of Public complaints was being introduced as an indicator for the 2009/2010 performance contract.
The committee’s mandate was expanded in the FY 2017/2018 to include the implementation of the Access to Information Act.
The office of the Ombudsman has been in existence since then and its functions are:
- To Establish and Maintain Complaints Management and Access to Information Infrastructure,
- To Conduct Capacity Development on Effective Complaints Management and Access to Information for top Management and Complaints/Information Access Officers,
- To Conduct awareness creation initiatives of the Institution’s complaints handling mechanisms and citizen service delivery charters as well as access to information,
- To Resolve all complaints received,
- To Process all requests for access to information received,
- To Implement decisions and recommendations of the Commission on Administrative Justice,
- To proactively disclose information held by the institution.
- To adhere to the legal requirements and directives from relevant statutory bodies.
When dealing with us, you expect to receive:
- Effective and efficient service,
- Fair and unbiased treatment,
- Respect for your privacy and confidentiality of your information,
- An explanation of all decisions that affect you,
- Full opportunity to ventilate your complain,
- Appropriate advice.
We are guided by the following core values:
- Team work
The Nyeri National Polytechnic
Public Complaints/Information Access Office
Mobile Phone: 0727229015.
By: Francis Muchira Njiru
Public Complaints and Information Access Officer